Fees and Financial Support

For 2018/19 our tuition fees are £9,000 for trainees.

Tuition Fee Loan

Please refer to the Student Loans page for more information.

Student Loans Company




Physics, computing, chemistry, geography, languages


Secondary mathematics


Graduates with a 2:1 and above, who are passionate about their subject and have the potential to be inspirational teachers, can apply for a scholarship with the appropriate professional body. As well as the financial award, scholars will receive a package of additional benefits provided by the professional bodies. Trainees with a 2:2 may be awarded a scholarship in exceptional circumstances, if they have significant relevant experience. Trainees awarded a scholarship cannot receive a bursary. Trainees who are not awarded a scholarship are eligible for a bursary.


Eligibility 2018 /2019

Trainee with 1st/PhD




Physics, biology, chemistry, classics, computing, geography, languages





Secondary mathematics










Design and technology





History, music, religious education





Primary mathematics






Secondary Mathematics Early-Career Payments

Secondary mathematics trainees will receive 2 additional early-career payments of £5,000 each (£7,500 if teaching in specified areas of England) in their third and fifth year of teaching, if they have taught in a state-funded school in England since completing their teacher training course. These amounts are after tax, so teachers will receive the full amount as stated.

For more information, please read the mathematics early-career payments guidance below:

GOV: Mathematics Early-Career Payments: Guidance for Teachers and Schools


Student Loans

Fees and maintenance loans are available to non –salaried trainees on courses with Lampton LWA SCITT.

Tuition fees loans

You can apply for tuition fees loans to cover up to £9,000, these are paid directly to Lampton LWA SCITT by Student Finance England. Tuition Fee Loans are not repayable until you are earning over £21,000.

Maintenance loans

You can apply for a maintenance loan for up to £5,740 to help with living costs. These loans are paid into your bank account at the start of each term. The exact amount you can borrow depends on your household income, where you are studying and what assistance you receive through maintenance grants.

Other Financial Support

Depending on your individual circumstances there are other means of support available

Council Tax Concessions

As a full time student you can apply for council tax reduction/exemption. This is dependent on who lives in your household.  You will need an official letter to apply for exemption that can be given to you by Lampton LWA SCITT when you commence the course.

Parents’ Learning Allowance

Parents’ Learning Allowance helps towards your course costs, such as books, materials and travel. You can apply for Parents’ Learning Allowance when you apply for student finance below.

GOV: Parents' Learning Allowance

Childcare Grant

If you are eligible, the amount you may get will depend on:                     

  • Your household income;
  • The cost of your childcare;
  • The number of children you have.

If you are living and studying in England, you can apply for Childcare Grant if you use childcare that is registered or approved with OFSTED below.

GOV - Childcare Grant

Child Tax Credit

You can claim Child Tax Credit if you have children under 16 (or under 20 in approved education or training). You could get a basic amount of up to £545 a year. This is known as the ‘family element’. You could get extra elements on top of this. How much you get depends on things like your income and circumstances. Click below:

GOV - Child Tax Credit

The Adult Dependants’ Grant

Full-time students in higher education with an adult who depends on them financially can apply for an Adult Dependants’ Grant. The amount you can get depends on your income and the income of your dependants in the tax year preceding your training period. Click below.

GOV - Adult Dependants' Grant

Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs)

These are grants to help meet the extra course costs students may face because of a disability.  DSAs can help pay for:

  • Specialist equipment you need for studying;
  • Non-medical helpers, such as a note-taker or reader;
  • Extra travel costs you have to pay because of your disability;
  • Other costs.

DSAs are paid on top of the main student finance package, or on their own. You do not have to pay DSAs back and they are not counted as income when working out whether you get benefits or Tax Credits. Click below.

GOV - Disabled Students

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now